Friday 10 May 2013

Only My God Cares


I am now allergic to certain religious people. People who declare that there is only one truth and no other truths. All others are fake, devilish and must be eliminated.

These people use aggressive ways to make sure others convert to their religions, this include coercion of a better life after death, the use of guilt and fear, and even the use of ‘help” ( If I help you when you are down, then my God help me to help you, then you should come to my religion, otherwise why should I help you?)

And people who take my hospitalization as an opportunity to convert me at my death bed. They can spend hours to lecture me even when I am in pains or too tired to understand anything. They just keep talking and talking.

My sister was stressed from another family member’s constant forceful urging to join his religion. She was made guilty for not doing the chants and the practices. I refused to be forced as I believe that I know more about this family member’s religion than him. As a new convert, he is so gungho about his religion that his family spent whole weekends at religious places all around the city they live in. His wish is to get me, my daughter, my sister and my mother to be just as devoted. Anyone who resists get a verbal lashing about our un-gratefulness of good things.

The same goes with aggressive people who are bent on converting me to their religions. When I question them or ask them why they can’t help me as humans, friends, relatives, but only as someone from the own religions, some insist, “God sends me to help you to go to a better place after you die! If you don’t embrace my religion, you are missing out of good things.”


Guan Yin sitting on a lotus.Guan 
 The only religious people I like are those who don’t force  me, but always tell me they keep me in theirprayers and that their Gods love me.They don’t convert me nor force me to follow their truths.

After seeing deaths in the hospital wards and living for several months in the zone where anything can happen to me, I now pray to God in English about eHomemakers, that God will help eHomemakers to break through. I pray to Goddess of Mercy in Mandarin for support, friends, and loving kindness around me. I chant Buddist ‘Oom mani pak mei home’ to protect my body.

And the energy people have taught me to think. “I share, I touch, I am one with others. I love, I forgive, I nurture, I grow. Every minute of my life is fulfilled.”




Guan Yin with many hands and eyes

How can I be forgotten when I am loved by three Gods?

Of course, it is a scandal for the religious people to hear me declaring my allegiance to three different Gods. “You can only believe in my God to get the protection and the blessings!” They insisted.

When you have several people, all pulling you to their Gods, you wonder why none of the Gods is generous enough to love the unbelievers and why they have to condemn the unbelievers into sufferings and
more bad lives in spiritual journeys.

Some of the verses the religious people show me from their holy books say that they should not help those who don’t embrace the religion nor mix with the unbelievers. Goose pimples stand on my skin when I read verses like these.

Meanwhile, I am standing firm in my beliefs.

By Ching Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment