Tuesday 7 May 2013

A Burden Lifted


Today is my sister’s birthday. I waited on the yellow chairs at Menara Utama in front of Secret Recipe.  People-watching is great for the soul, I concluded.

For two hours, I saw wheelchair-bound persons carrying their own bags to go up to the wards. A few were on crutches, but they carried their bags and walked with much dignity.

My home carers came to pick me up for lunch. We went to a Western restaurant in Section 17, PJ. I had a ‘duck l’orange’ that tasted like heaven….and chocolate cream pie that melted in the mouth. My sister enjoyed her pasta and my daughter enjoyed hers. My mother got her soft lasangne for her teeth. Every one was happy.

As I looked around the table, I realized that the past few months since I got sick had really changed our relationship with each other. Not only that they are supportive with what I do in eHomemakers, my sister and my mother have been paying for meals!  And we actually talk and laugh without me being criticized. The support I envision whenever I pray to Goddess of Mercy is working!


 


Remove the blockades and let good energy flow freely in me and around me!

Buoyant by the new bondings, I decided to follow the advice given my energy people. Forgive people so that the energy can move, so that the universe can channel the good energy into and onto you. Forgiveness removes blockades. So I must forgive my home carers for everything- for their skepticism of my non-profit work, their unsupportive past and all the misgivings I have as a patient needing their care and understanding.

In the car, I said to my mother, “I forgive you!” And I hugged her.Taken aback at first, she finally said, “I gave birth to you, how can I not support you.”

Then I said to my sister, “I forgive you!” And I hugged her. She said, “Ok-lah!”

And then to my daughter, “I also forgive you for yelling at your mommy!” And I hugged her tightly.

They dropped me back to the hospital and I slept at 1 am instead of 4 am.

By Ching Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment