Friday 31 May 2013

Going Home


When the doctor’s team came, I appealed to them to let me go home. “Look at how many antibiotics you have given me! The ward is dirty! If I go home, I get less infection and I will heal better! Please!!”  They listened patiently.


“We do one more blood test to see how your fluid is,” the trainee doctor told me the group’s decision.


The blood test result came back, I am better than before. 


“We will discharge you for two weeks, you can come back to the clinic for assessment and we will take it from there.”


 I was elated. The nurses gave me a sheet of medication instruction. I called my daughter and my sister, “I get home leave. Come and pick me up!”


“What? Can’t you stay in the hospital? We are not prepared!” I was shocked to hear my daughter saying this on the phone. 



  Angel Gabriel is in my mind
  “Why? Aren’t you happy to see me home?” Stung, I asked bitterly.

  “We haven’t gotten the house prepared for you yet,” she was honest.  “I don’t want you to get infected.”


  “Well, whether you want it or not, the doctors are letting me go  home.” I was firm.


  At 9 pm that night, I was home again.    

              




But I saw things I didn’t like the moment I stepped inside the house compound. The plants in the garden were dying because no one watered them. The living room was quite messy with all of my daughter’s things still laying on tables and on the couch. The toilet in my room was dirty,because she hasn’t had time to clean it




I want to be comforted by a higher being when I feel lost.
“How can I live like this?” I was mad, but them I thought about all the healing tips I gave to myself, and I took a deep breathe. 

“Tomorrow, I will improve on all these, one step at a time.”


Yes, tomorrow, there will be tomorrow, it is only a day away.


It is good to be home.






By Ching Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment