Tuesday 21 May 2013

More Learnings


I have now a clearer head to work on my adjustment to the hospital.

If a patient wants to be happy in the ward, she must build community relations with the doctors and the nurses. Give something thoughtful to a grouchy nurse, she might treat you better next time.

I am learning more about my body so that I can help myself in times of crisis. For eg, the human albumin drips got to be about 25 drips per minute, otherwise my vein hurts. Knowing which vein gets hurt easily and letting nurses know that they shouldn’t be poking on those veins is another way to avoid more unnecessary pains.

Sometimes I sneaked out to have lunches outside. The 24 hour food court on the ground floor opposite Menara Utama was the place to go but you must know which stall to go to. The Rm7.90 assam laksa was a rip off  at one of the stands. Don’t try the dishes at Home Food, I paid Rm8 for five spoon of rice, one tiny fried fish, three teaspoon of kangkung and three miserable pieces of tofu.  I asked them to throw their egg sauce away as it was bubbling with bacteria under the heat.

The stall SE Care is much cheaper and the foods are fresher. There are more varieties of vegetables and curried meats. 

I also figure out where the cleaner public toilets are. They are at the payment counter! Don’t try the public toilets in the ward. The new building also has cleaner toilets!!

My daughter said to me, ”You look much better now! Am I getting my mommy back?”

YES!!!!!!

I noticed that her boy friend, GG, has been a reliable carer to her. He has been bringing her to see me at night because she can’t drive. And he waits patiently by the wall as my daughter and I hug and talk. Sometimes, he got sent to get me cold drinks or some snacks for night time. He always obliged. And he checks on her daily, brings her out for dinner every Thursday and stay in the house to keep her company till 10 am. 

And, according to my daughter, he never takes advantage of her…….!! Halelujah!!

By Ching Ching

No comments:

Post a Comment